Baked oatmeal is literally my saving grace- I make a big batch on Sunday or Monday and eat it throughout the week for breakfast with eggs or as a pre-workout snack. I just love getting a bit of sweetness along with the healthy complex carbs and fiber! For this reason, I recommend it to a lot of my clients as an easy make ahead breakfast that will both satisfy their sweet tooth and offer some nutritional value.
A filling fall breakfast staple!
This breakfast idea is also really easy to change the variation- many of you loved my peanut butter and banana version I posted in the spring! But I’m a little bit partial to this version- the combination of the cinnamon, cloves, and sweet apple makes you want to cozy up under a blanket on a Saturday morning with a slice of this and a nice warm cup of coffee. Add in the walnuts and raisins to top off that fall flavor profile as well as add some different textures to each bite.
Share this post with your friend who is always complaining they skip breakfast because they don’t have time to make it in the morning- I promise they’ll make time for this sweet dish!
Want more Fall inspired recipes? Download my Holiday Recipe Ebook!
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Pyrex Dish
- Apple Peeler
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups diced apples, peeled 2-3 large apples
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk of choice I used cow's milk
- 1 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- Combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, set aside.
- Add eggs to medium bowl and whisk.
- Add the remainder of the wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 greased baking dish and sprinkle on the raisins and nuts for toppings.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (depending on oven). Let cool and enjoy!